Achieving volume in one’s hair is a common desire among women who have straight, sparse hair.
Not to worry if this is the situation for you, because growing an abundant and full mane even if you do not have an abundance of hair is still achievable for you.
This blog will teach you nine (9) ways for adding volume to fine and sparse hair, which you may use on your hair if you want to. Please continue reading!
1. Use a hairdryer to add volume to your hair
If you have fine hair that grows in small amounts, blow-drying your hair upside down is an effective way to create a full mane.
Aside from that, this is an excellent option for adding volume to the hair. The process is straightforward for those curious about adding volume to the roots with a hairdryer.
Follow the steps below:
- Wipe excess moisture away with a towel.
- Apply a small amount of hairspray to the root, being careful not to approach too close to avoid making it wet.
- Blow-dry your hair while putting your head upside down, carefully massaging the roots with the tips of your fingers as you go.
- To complete the drying process, blow cool air through the dryer.
- Raise the head and comb it with a spike comb.
2. Use a dry shampoo
If you have previously experimented with dry shampoo to reduce the frequency with which you wash your hair, we must inform you that you may also use it to add volume to the roots.
To achieve long-lasting volume, you must follow the following procedure.
- Turn your head upside down.
- Apply a little quantity of dry shampoo directly into the hair roots. Make sure to space them out approximately 12 inches apart to avoid staining the hair.
- Leave it on for 1 minute at a time.
- Using a towel, gently massage the roots in circular strokes.
- Raise your head and comb through your hair with a wide-toothed comb.
3. Shampooing for added volume
It’s necessary to remember to use a shampoo that can impart volume to fine hair.
These products do not use silicones in their formulations, and their primary constituents are typically vitamins, oils, and plant extracts.
In addition to strengthening and redensifying the hair fiber, all of these components are beneficial.
When washing your hair, try not to rub it too hard so that the fibers don’t become broken.
Wash only the roots of the hair, and you should do this carefully.
The foam that collects in the middle and ends of the hair will be sufficient to keep it clean.
4. Hairstyles to add volume to your hair
Knowing how to select a haircut that complements your features can significantly distinguish between having voluminous hair and having thinner hair.
If you have very little fine hair and are unsure of what cut will suit you, here are some examples of the most fabulous haircuts for fine hair without volume.
- Style bangs that are straight and dense in a long bob.
- Choose layered cuts. Every cut you choose must have some roughness to it to add volume and movement. The shag or shaggy cut is an example of a cut that has a lot of texture.
- Maintain mid-length, long flowing hair.
5. Braids for sleep are a fashion statement
If you want to increase the thickness of thin hair and wake up with a voluminous and wavy mane, we recommend two different hairstyles to sleep: braids and high buns.
Braiding your hair at night is a great way to add volume and wave to fine hair.
Complete them before going to bed and continue to sleep with them throughout the night. When you wake up, you will style your hair in waves and with more body.
6. Add some Colour
Having even tones in the hair does not provide the appearance of volume. Therefore if you want to accomplish that effect and have a mane that appears more abundant, we recommend adding some color.
You can use highlights or veils or create an ombré effect by blending dark and light tones.
7. Use styling products for volume
Adding additional body to hair with poor density or short hair might be challenging, but finishing products can be your best friend.
- When using a volume spray, spray the product on wet hair to add volume. After that, blow-dry the hair upside down and finish by blowing it dry with chilled air to set the product in place.
- Foam: apply the product to wet hair after eliminating any excess moisture with a towel. By gently rubbing the roots, you can diffuse the dryness.
- Use a spray for waves – spray the product from the middle to the ends and dry with a diffuser or a hairdryer set on medium power.
8. Massage the skin before washing
If you desire to add volume to your hair, a thorough hair wash is the best place to begin.
Following easy directives will guide you through creating a hair wash that will help give your hair body.
- Before you wash your hair, detangle it using a comb with a wide range of teeth.
- Massage lightly with the fingertips and in circular motions to promote circulation before wetting the hair. It will help in stimulating the blood flow and prevent hair loss.
- Rinse your hair after that, and start with your regular shampoo.
9. Use texturizing powders
Texturizing powders are a type of styling product used to impart density and volume to fine or sparse hair, among other things.
These are keratin strands that attach to the hair and provide the appearance of more plump hair.
- Apply a small quantity of texturizing powders to the roots.
- Massage the fibers into the remainder of the hair with your fingertips to ensure even distribution.
- Apply a small amount of fixing spray or hairspray to the product to ensure that the powder does not come off during use.
Fragile or delicate hair results from the improper use of appliances such as irons or dryers and the failure to use the proper products on the hair.
However, following all the tips in this post will go a long way to helping you add volume to your thin hair.