When it comes to the best flagship phones, people usually get confused about choosing Samsung’s Galaxy S21 or Apple’s iPhone 13.
The reason has been that these two Smartphones both have outstanding and almost similar features.
For instance, they both use the connectivity of LTE, 5G, and sell at nearly the same price. Well, it all depends on your preferences.
We have made available here a straightforward comparison of Samsung Galaxy S21 and iPhone 13.
First, we took a look at the features of the two products and then their differences.
Both Apple and Samsung have one of the most exemplary sensors and zoom ever for cameras. These two companies, however, take different perspectives to create their cameras.
Samsung Galaxy S21 has a triple-back camera. The first is the telephoto lens has optical image stabilization (OIS), 64 megapixels, a fusion of 3 X zoom, autofocus (AF) detection of double phase, and an aperture of f/1.8.
The phone also has two other cameras of 12megapixels and dual pixel AF each. While one has an aperture of f/2.2, the other has an f/1.8 aperture. The front camera has an AF of a dual pixel and an aperture of f/2.2 and 10Megapixels.
The other popular Samsung Galaxy S21, which is the Galaxy S21 Ultra, has five cameras. The first has a sensor of 108megapixels and an aperture of f/1.8. It also has OIS and an AF pixel supporting pictures of 12megapixels.
You will also find a 12megapixels ultra-wide lens with dual autofocus and an aperture of f/2.2. There are two other 10megapixels telephoto lenses amid dual AF sensors, as well as apertures of f/4.9 and f/2.4. Lastly, the front selfie camera has a 40megapixels lens, autofocus detection, and an aperture of f/2.2.
iPhone 13 has an ultrawide lens of 12megapixels sensors, 2X optical zoom out, an aperture of f/2.4, and a 120 degrees focus.
The primary lens has 12megapixels, focus pixels of 100 percent, and an aperture of f/1.6. The front selfie camera has an aperture of f/2.2 and 12megapixels.
iPhone 13 Pro Max has three lenses, all with 12megapixels. The aperture of the telephoto lens is f/2.8, while the ultrawide lens has f/1.8, and the primary lens has f/1.5 apertures, among other features.
Both the models of Samsung Galaxy S21 and iPhone 13 are water-resistant with the ability to stay 30 minutes in water of 4.9 feet.
Nevertheless, the display of Samsung Galaxy S21 is in the plastic of white, gray, purple, and pink, while that of S21 Ultra is in Gorilla Glass.
iPhone 13 series, however, take over an almost similar display to its predecessors. The back has frosted glass, while the rails are in stainless steel in white, blue, gray, and gold colors.
Samsung Galaxy S21 sports an attractive 6.2 inches AMOLED screen display while Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra comes in 6.8 inches, almost like its predecessors, with a refresh rate of 120Hz.
The displays of the iPhone 13 series have a refresh rate of 60Hz and 6.7 inches for iPhone 13 Pro Max and 6.1 inches OLED display panel for iPhone 13.
Samsung seems to have a higher display resolution than iPhone 13, which also has a brighter display for HDR content.
Samsung Galaxy S21 models have 12GB RAM, Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor, 128GB, 256GB, and 512GB for S21 and S21 Ultra.
iPhone 13 series have 512GB, 256GB, and 128GB storage capacities, while the iPhone while the GPU of the iPhone pro models has about 1TB storage.
The Smartphone with the highest processor has always been iPhone, even though for an Android phone, Galaxy S21 series have super-fast processors.
Differences between the Features of Samsung Galaxy S21 and iPhone 13
As said earlier, Samsung Galaxy S21 and iPhone 13 are almost similar, but sure they have differences. Below are the key differences between these two smartphones.
- Operating System: Samsung Galaxy S21 operates with Android 11 One UI 3.1 operating system while iPhone 13 operates with iOS 15.
- Processor: Samsung Galaxy S21 uses Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chipset, whereas iPhone 13 uses A15 Bionic.
- Display: The Samsung Galaxy S21 is on AMOLED 2X of 6.2 inches with Gorilla Glass Victus, while the iPhone 13 is on OLED of 6.1 inches with a ceramic shield.
- Back Cameras: The rear camera of the Samsung Galaxy S21 sports a triple-lens including a 64MP telephoto lens, 12MP ultra-wide, and 12MP main camera, but that iPhone 13 includes a dual-lens of a 12MP ultra-wide rear and 12-megapixel wide.
- Front Selfie Camera: Samsung Galaxy S21 has a 10-megapixel front-facing camera, while iPhone 23 has a 12MP TrueDepth front.
- Storage: The storage capacity of Samsung Galaxy S21 is 128GB, 256GB, 512GB and 8GB RAM as that of iPhone 13 is 128GB, 256GB, 512GB and 4GB RAM.
- Battery: Samsung Galaxy S21 has 4,000 mAh fast Qi wireless charging, while iPhone 13 has 3,095 mAh fast Qi wireless charging. Note: You cannot buy these phones together with the chargers.
- Refresh Rate: The refresh rate for Samsung Galaxy S21 Smartphone is 120Hz Variable, whereas that of the Apple iPhone 13 is 60Hz.
- Colors: Samsung Galaxy S21 comes in phantom pink, phantom gray, phantom violet, and phantom white colors, whereas the colors of iPhone 13 include starlight, midnight, pink, blue, product (red).
- Weight: For Samsung Galaxy S21 weighs 171g, while Apple iPhone 13 weighs 174g.
- Security: In terms of privacy and security, Samsung Galaxy S21 uses a face lock and in-display fingerprint sensor while Apple iPhone 13 uses only face ID.
Is Samsung S21 better than iPhone 12 pro?
The camera of the Samsung Galaxy S21 is better than that of the iPhone 12 pro. Its 64MP telephoto camera zooms at 30X while that of iPhone 12 Pro zooms at 12X.
Which one should I choose, Samsung or iPhone?
The security of the iPhone and Samsung are top-notch. However, you can minimize the risk of malware with iPhone than with Samsung. In all, the choice depends on the user’s preferences and usage.
Does iPhone or Samsung have a better camera?
Samsung has three rear cameras that give it more advantage over iPhone. The telephoto, ultrawide, and wide cameras in Samsung have quite outstanding features for taking photos.
What is unique about Samsung S21?
Samsung S21 has extra RAM, a better camera, a superb design, and a better processor with the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 chip.
You can see that both Samsung Galaxy S21 and iPhone 13 can offer quite many things from the comparison above. You are then left to decide while considering your choice and other factors.
What kinds of gadgets do you already have?. If you are using Apple TV, Mac laptop, and the likes, you should consider going for iPhone 13 but if people around are using Android, then go for Samsung Galaxy S21.