No doubt, Nasty C has risen in popularity to an international level since 2015 after he received the Best Freshman honor at the South African Hip Hop Awards.
Ever since he was in primary school, the Durban-raised rapper, songwriter, producer, and singer has been producing music, but it seems many people know little about him.
Made available in this piece of writing are ten fascinating things you should know about Nasty C.
1. His Birth Day And Real Name
Nasty C’s date of birth is 11th February 1997, at Diepkloof, in Soweto, Johannesburg, South Africa, and his real name is Nsikayesizwe David Junior Ngcobo.
Eleven months after he was born, his mother died in a car accident. The incident made his family move to Durban, in KwaZulu-Natal, South Africa, to stay with his father (David Maviyo Ngcobo), where he grew up.
2. His Music Career Inspiration
Nasty C got his first inspiration to start music from his brother Siyabonga Ngcobo, a music producer. He, however, started rapping when he was only nine years old.
He also said he draws inspiration from South African rappers like Reason and Khuli Chana because of their unique music patterns. AKA, Drake, Kendrick Lamar, Lil Wayne, and many others inspire him too.
3. Origin Of His Stage Name
The rapper Nasty C, called ‘Junior’ before his fame, got his stage name from his elder brother’s friend. The friend, also a producer, named him a ‘Nasty Cat’ for using foul language in rapping as a kid.
However, when he grew older, he refined the name to ‘Nasty C’ to be more fitting and a little acceptable.
4. Breakthroughs and Awards In His Career
On 24th May 2013, when Nasty C was 16 years old, he released his first mixtape with ‘One Kid a Thousand Coffins, ‘ which was the breakthrough in his career.
After much coaching from his elder brother about making good beats and vocals, he got his first signing with Free World Music.
Nevertheless, he has presently won 6 awards; the first was the Best Freshman prize in the 2015 South African Hip Hop Awards, where he was the youngest award recipient. In 2016, he won the Lyrist of the Year prize at the South African Hip Hop Awards.
He won other accolades in 2017, the Best New Artist prize, Best Male Album prize, and Best Hip Hop Album for Bad Hair extensions at the 16th Metro Fm Music Awards.
He also won the Song of the year for Hell Naw and was nominated for Best International Act: Africa at the BET Awards.
In 2021, Nasty C won the Best Hip Hop Album trophy for Zulu Man with Some Power at the SAMAs 27. He is presently expecting to win the Best Hip Hop artist at the MTV Africa Music Awards 2021.
Nasty C’s music genre is hip-hop. When he earned his first cheque ever, he used the return to purchase a Rolex watch.
He narrated that before his breakthrough, he faced many challenges from people saying that his Song looked like a sham, but he never listened to them as he strived to be better.
Nasty C’s current net worth as of 2021 is from $2million to $7 million, making him the 4th richest rapper in South Africa after Die Antwoord ($11 million), AKA ($12 million), and Cassper Nyovest ($8 million).
5. Idea Behind His Tattoos
His incredible tattoo was the “ivy flora” on his left forearm. He said the tattoo is a sonnet to his late mother.
The ivy leaf tattoo shows the way to a tiny forest with lifeless trees, tearing eyes, and birds in the air. To him, it describes the past and present state of his mother.
6. His Efforts To Make Music
Once upon a time, Nasty C trekked for 45 minutes to the studio because he was saving up for his first Song. He said he could do anything to make music.
In 2013, he had his most remarkable experiences when he was able to have contact with one of his icons AKA in Durban.
He had to release an album ‘Bad Hair’ at Audiomack for free due to its inability for clearance.
He made his efforts and experiences known to people on 17th January in the remix of the official music video for ‘Juice Back.’
7. Nasty C’s Hobby/Appetite
Nasty C loves traveling around the world and indulging in fine meals. His best food till present is “amasi,” a local South African food. Before his music career, he loves working on clays making different things.
Nasty C’s girlfriend is Sammie Heavens, whose real name is Ntombzodwa Beatrice Sibanyoni, who has been his childhood sweetheart.
8. His Collaborations
Nasty C collaborated with many stars on the 21 tracks in the ‘Price City’ mixtape, including Tantrik, J-Arrow, Breeze, Dynasty, Blacksun, SMM, and Erick Rush.
9. Discography and Studio Albums
Nasty C has the lists of studio albums and the discography details as given below:
- One Kid, a Thousand Coffins, was released in 2013.
- Price City released in 2015
- Bad Hair released in 2016 on 23rd September; Label: Mabala Noise Entertainment; Formats: CD, Digital download
- Strings And Bling – released in 2018 on 6th July with CD and Digital download formats; Label: Universal Music South Africa.
- Zulu Man With Some Power (ZMWSP) released in 2020 on 28th August; Formats: Digital download; Label: Universal Music South Africa, Def Jam.
Nasty C has made more than 200 songs. You will find a list of some popular songs by Nasty C below;
- Whipped feat. Shekhinah / Tellaman
- Shekhinah Donnell / Olwethu Mthembu / Nsikayesizwe David Junior Ngcobo / Thelumusa Owen
- I Need You feat. Rowlene
- Ezra Murembeni / Nsikayesizwe David Junior Ngcobo
- Mathius Herman / Nsikayesizwe David Junior Ngcobo
- There They Go
- Nsikayesizwe David Junior Ngcobo / Cody Rounds
- Palm Trees
- Joel Banks / Taylor Banks / Nasty C
- Black and White feat. Ari Lennox
- Andre Brown / Nasty C / Ronnie Eriic / Anthony Griffith / Che Olson / Amy Oraefo / Kevin Ross / Courtney Shanade Salter / Jerren Spruill / Troy Taylor
- Lesego Kyle Mnyandu / Nsikayesizwe David Junior Ngcobo
- Best I Ever Had
- Jordan Fulton / Nsikayesizwe David Junior Ngcobo
- They Don’t feat. T.I.
- Nasty C / Clifford Joseph Harris Jr. / Benito Kamoto
- La Vida Loca
- Eliot Dubock / Robert Mandell / Nsikayesizwe David Junior Ngcobo
- King Shit
- Nsikayesizwe David Junior Ngcobo
- Zulu Man
- Nasty C / Peter Michael Fernandes
- Yakiniku Gangshit feat. Miyachi / Yoshi
- Seann Bowe / Nasty C / Matt Cab / Miyachi / BBY NABE / Yoshi
- God Flow
- Olwethu Mthembu / Nsikayesizwe David Junior Ngcobo
- Audemars feat. Mishlawi
- Sensay Beats / Problem
- Thee Gobbla
- Squad Goals
- Nasty C
- Nasty C
- Gemini Major
- Nasty C
- Nasty C / Ali Kiba
- Thee Gobbla
- I Lie
- Gunia Beats
- Hell Naw
What is the actual name of Nasty C?
Nasty C’s real name is Nsikayesizwe David Junior Ngcobo. His closest friends and family called him ‘Junior.’
Does Nasty C have matric?
Because of Nasty C’s focus on music, at matric, he passed with Grade 12. He insisted he wasn’t good in school.
At a very young age, Nasty C has made Africa proud by utilizing his talents in music. He will always give his best in his music career because he is always aiming higher.
His music career officially kicked off on 17th January 2016, when he released his music video ‘Juice Back.’ It means that we expect more from him in the future.